BROCHURE : brochure-final-draft-9-23-2016
MIAMI, FL – SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 – On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 7:00pm the World Affairs Council of Greater Miami was inaugurated by Dr. Amy Jarvis – Board Member and Judge Cole Cartledge – Chairman at their residence in Miami Shores for a private dinner party.
The Presidential delegation was led by Mision Presidencial Latinoamericana in partnership with Global Peace Foundation and included the following Honored Guests who were invited and those who attended:
• H.E. Dr. Marco Vinicio Cerezo, Former President of Guatemala
• H.E. Dr. Carlos Diego Mesa Gilsert, Former President of Bolivia
• H.E. Dr. Luis Alberto Lacalle de Herrera, Former President of Uruguay
• H.E. Dr. Nicolas Ardito Barletta Vallarino, Former President of Panama
• H.E. Alvaro Colom Caballeros, Former President of Guatemala
• H.E. Bernardino Cano Radil, Paraguayan Ambassador to Cuba
• Dr. Michael J. Lenaghan, Mardee Jenrette Endowed Teaching Chair, Miami-Dade College
• Leadership from Global Peace Foundation
• Hon. Ruben Ramos, Economic Minister Cuban Embassy – DC
• Selected Consul Generals from 13 Latin American countries, including Guatemala, Bolivia, Uruguay, Panama, Ecuador, and Mexico
• Selected Consul Generals from 4 western nations with strong ties to Latin America: Canada, Germany, Spain, Portugal
• Alejandra Collarte, Director of International Relations, University of Miami
• Catherine Rodriguez, Diplomat in Residence, Florida International University
• Liane Ventura Guerra, SVP, International Business and Industry Growth, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
The effort was coordinated with Dr. Volker Anding, former German Ambassador, a founding member of the Council, and who is on the Executive Committee of the Consular Corp, Trustee of Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, and more. The World Affairs Council invited and will continue to work with Consuls General from the twelve (12) Latin American countries the Mission is involved with (i.e., Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Ecuador, Colombia, more), plus Consuls General of leading European countries involved in business and trade with Latin America.
The World Affairs Council Mission, developing programs and events for 2017 are as follows:
World Affairs Council of Greater Miami is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization supporting the intersection of diplomacy, academia, and public discourse on international affairs, including socio-political development, economic growth and security.
· Cybersecurity: Threats and Solutions
· Evolution of European Union and NATO
· Foreign Partnerships in Combating ISIS
· The Cartel-Terrorism Dynamic Across Latin America
· Cuba: Political, Economic and Social Development
· Health, Economic and Social Development in Latin America
· Art Exhibitions and Prominent Collections from Latin America
· Environmental Awareness Events
Donors and Sponsors included: Esquipulas Foundation, Bangelist, CMSCO International, Inc., Captain Kevin Wensing, U.S. Navy (retired), Arevalo Gallery, International Dialogues, LINKS World Group, The Angler’s – A Kimpton Hotel, Buzz Agency of South FL, Miami Shores Police Department, Mia Llaneros, and Paella Party Catering….